On October 26-27, 2017, at Tra Vinh University, a workshop on “Application of technological processes and bio-active products for shrimp farming and organic production” was organized by the Department of Application and Development of Technology under the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology, in collaboration with Tra Vinh provincial Department of Science and Technology and Tra Vinh University.
Joint projects with Ministries, Industries and Provinces
On July 10, 2017, the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology and the PetroVietnam Ca Mau Fertilizer Joint Stock Company signed a cooperation agreement on scientific research and technology transfer in Ca Mau City. Attending the signing ceremony, on the side of the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology, was Dr. Ha Quy Quynh, Head of the Department of Application and Development of Technology, and leaders of the Institute of Tropical Biology, Institute of Chemical Technology, Institute of Ho Chi Minh City Physics, and the Institute of Applied Materials Science. On behalf of the PetroVietnam Ca Mau Fertilizer Joint Stock Company, Mr. Bui Minh Tien – Director General, and Mr. Nguyen Duc Thanh, Chairman of Board of Directors, together with leaders of departments and units of the company attended the signing ceremony. In addition, the signing ceremony was also witnessed by Prof. Dr. Sc. Ho Si Thoang, former Chairman of Board of Directors of the Vietnam National Oil and Gas Group, and representatives of some local management agencies, including the Department of Science and Technology, and the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development.
Litchi is a special plant with a large area and yield in Luc Ngan district, the northern province of Bac Giang, Vietnam. However, litchi is easily damaged after harvest. Therefore, promoting the application of litchi preservation technology is always of interest.
On 5 June 2015, the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST), the one-member Hanel Limited Company (HANEL) and the BioDetection System B.V Company (BDS) and BE-BASIC Foundation signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on application and development of technology.
On September 11th 2014, at Vietnam National University – Ho Chi Minh City (VNU-HCM), a signing ceremony for a cooperation agreement between VAST and VNU-HCM took place to combine science and technology research and application with science and technology human resource training for socio-economic development in the southern provinces.
Scientific computing is a part of computing science to build mathematical models, quantitative analysis and computer usage to solve complication problems in different scientific sectors. Scientific computing has become an integral and useful tool in every field of modern science and technology research. However, the building scientific computing to meet the demand of domestic sciences and units under the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) is still an open issue, which has not been developed as demand at present and for the future.
- Science and technology workshop for Northwestern socio-economic development
- Reviewing Central Highlands Programme 3 in 2011 and implementing its plan in 2012
- Observation station to research the northern delta environment and geography in Thai Binh province inaugurated
- The signing ceremony of a contract on scientific and technological cooperation between the Institute of Environmental Technology, the centre for technological support and services with the New technology application and tourism one member company limited
- The conference on the project to develop hi-tech applied agriculture until 2020 and the program supporting the application and transfer of scientific and technological progress to serve rural and mountainous socio-economic development in the 2011-2015 per
- Groundbreaking ceremony for satellite facility