On July 30th, 2019, the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) held a conference to review five years of Vietnam’s IIASA membership, and directions for activities in the 2019-2024 period.
International Cooperative Activities
On July 17th, 2019, Dr. Erica Key, General Secretary of Belmont Forum, paid a working visit to Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST). She was accompanied by Prof. Hsu Hui Huang, Counselor, Director of Science and Technology Division of Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Vietnam; and Prof. Yue-Gau Chen, Academia Sinica, Taiwan (China).
On June 10th, 2019, Prof. Acad. Chau Van Minh, President of Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST), received the U.S delegation led by Charles Frank Bolden Jr., former General Director of the US Agency for Aeronautics and Space (NASA) and the Honorary Ambassador to the Universe of the U.S.
On October 26, 2018, VAST solemnly held a ceremony to present the Medal of the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) to Prof. Dr. Marie-Georges Olivier, Head of Materials Department, Mons University, the Kingdom of Belgium, for having contributions to building and developing VAST.
In order to enhance Vietnam's position in the Committee on Earth Observation Satellites (CEOS) and take over the rotating chairmanship of CEOS, and promote the diversity of leadership roles of members from major geographic regions like the US, Europe, Africa, Asia/Pacific; on October 18, 2018, in Brussels (Belgium), Assoc. Prof. Dr. Pham Anh Tuan - General Director of Vietnam National Space Center (VNSC) under the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST), represented VAST to take over the position of rotating Chairman of CEOS 20.
During the official visit to Vietnam by French Prime Minister Edouard Phillippe, with the authorization of the Prime Minister of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, Nguyen Xuan Phuc, on the afternoon of November 2, Professor and Academic Chau Van Minh, member of the Party Central Committee and President of the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST), and French Ambassador to Vietnam Betrand Lortholary officially signed the second stage of the agreement on the development of University of Science and Technology of Hanoi (USTH), under the witness of Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc and his French counterpart Edouard Phillippe.
- French Ambassador pays working visit to VAST
- Japan’s Osaka University honours Prof. Acad. Chau Van Minh, VAST president, as collaborative professor
- Sixth joint survey between Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology and Russian Academy of Sciences in Vietnam's waters by vessel Akademik Oparin
- Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam provides farewell reception for USTH Rector
- Delegation of the Czech Republic House of Representatives’ Committee for Science, Education, Culture, Youth and Sports pays working visit to Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology
- Lao Ministry of Science and Technology delegation pays working visit to VAST