Amidst the extremely complicated global development of COVID-19, more new cases of COVID-19 have appeared in Vietnam. On March 9, 2020, the VAST Steering Committee for COVID-19 prevention and control held a meeting to deploy epidemic prevention and control. Based on the conclusions at the meeting, VAST recommends that its affiliated units continue to implement the following contents:
• Urgently conduct a review and list officials and employees in the unit exposed to infected cases or suspected cases of infection (isolated cases); review and make a list of officials and employees going to and from regions and countries where epidemics are affected; actively isolate infected and suspected people according to the regulations of the Ministry of Health and send a review list to VAST by March 13, 2020.
• Every Friday, units actively check and report the health status of officials and employees to the Academy.
• Temporarily stop sending staff on business trips to epidemic areas both domestically and abroad; do not hold international conferences or seminars, to minimize the spread of the epidemic.
• Temporarily close product showrooms in the unit until the end of the epidemic.
• Units continue to strengthen dissemination about the disease situation, measures to prevent and control epidemics so that all officials and employees can accurately grasp information and actively avoid the disease for themselves and their families.
• The Academy's office conducts guest access control.
For more information, please contact the following units:
- Health Station, VAST Office: Comrade Nguyen Thi Thanh Huyen, Head of Health Station, Tel: 0911941931
- Nghia Do Ward Health Station: Comrade Nguyen Phu Loc, Deputy Head of Health Station, Tel: 0912436515
Spraying disinfectant of Health Station on March 9, 2020
Continuing to deploy disinfectant spray at the Institute of Geography on March 10, 2020
Translated by Tuyet Nhung
Link to Vietnamese version