On April 11, 2018, the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology and the Vietnam Academy of Social Sciences jointly organized the “Dialogue with scientists to solve obstacles in registration, research, testing of scientific projects and programs”. Party Central Committee member and Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam attended the dialogue.
Micro Dragon satellite has been successfully built. It is waiting for the Japanese authorities to issue a safety license to be launched into space by late this year.
On March 19, 2018, Academic Chau Van Minh, President of the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST), received a delegation from the French Embassy in Vietnam led by Mr. Hervé Ochsenbein, Economic Counselor, Chief Representative of the Economic Agency of the French Embassy in Vietnam. Attending the reception were Dr. Bui Trong Tuyen, Head of the Space Technology Institute; and Dr. Ninh Khac Ban, Head of International Cooperation.
After the selection process, the US diplomatic mission delegation selected 50 members from 10 ASEAN countries to attend the seminar of the Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI) on STEM Education 2018, which took place from February 27, 2018 to March 3, 2018 in Cambodia’s capital Phnom Penh. Vietnam had 6 representatives, including Pham Thuy Hang, a specialist in the Department of Science Management and International Cooperation, the Graduate University of Science and Technology, the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology. Ms. Pham Thuy Hang also represented Vietnam at the seminar, and won the STEM Park project.
On March 19-20, 2018, in Hanoi, the workshop on enhancing coordination in support of Sentinel Asia’s mapping, sharing and exchanging of information in emergency cases was held by the Space Technology Institute (STI) under the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) in collaboration with Asian Disaster Reduction Center (ADRC), Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), and the Japan Aerospace Agency (JAXA). Attendants of the workshop were leaders from the Institute of Space Technology, the International Cooperation Department under the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology, the Center for Policy and Techniques for Disaster Prevention and Control under the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, the Department of National Remote Sensing under the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, and experts from ADRC, JAXA, AIT and STI.
On December 19th, 2017, the Centre for Research and Technology Transfer (CRETECH) and (International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) organized a ceremony to launch the project "Application of GAINS model in air environment management in Vietnam".
- The International Workshop on Technological Needs Assessment (TNA) on Climate change Mitigation and Adaptation in Southeast Asia: Experience Sharing and Technology Transfer
- Handing-over ceremony of laboratory of the project on strengthening capacity of scientific research and technological development to the Lao National Institute for Sciences
- Meeting summarises Party work in 2017; orientations, tasks and solutions in 2018
- Seminar reviewing mid-term project on building Vietnam national nature specimen collections
- International Conference on Earth Observations and Natural Hazards 2017
- “Virtual Lab” by Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology’s young scientists wins first prize of Young Knowledge for Education 2017 contest