On August 18th, 2010, the Vietnam Academy of Sciences and Technology held a conference to present the framework of the programme of universe technology and science and the draft outline for the research about the Central Highlands in the 2011-2015 period to the working delegation from the Ministry of Sciences and Technology led by its Deputy Minister Le Dinh Tien. The draft outline for the research about the Central Highlands is entitled “Research to review and synthesize environmental resources, socio-economics and propose foundation of sciences and technology for the strategy of sustainable development in the Central Highlands in the 2011-2020 and vision to 2030” (the Central Highlands III programme for short).
On August 19th, 2010, at the Opening ceremony of the International Congress of Mathematicians in Hyderbad, India, the international maths association solemnly presented the Fields Medal, the noblest prize of maths, which was similar to the Nobel prize in other different sciences, to four mathematicians for having outstanding achievements. They were Ngo Bao Chau, Vietnam; Lindenstrauss, Israel; S.Smirnov, Russia; and C.Villani, France.
In the morning of July 9th 2010, at the Vietnam Academy of Sciences and Technology, a conference on tasks of Vietnam-Thailand protocol was held under the theme “Research on influenza A virus subtype H5N1 in Vietnam and Thailand: molecular epidemics, diagnosis and vaccinate prevention”.
On June 16th, 2010; The President of the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST), Prof Chau Van Minh received the delegation of the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) led by Mr. Kikuchi Fumio.
Also attending the reception were representatives from the Department of International Cooperation, the Institute of Environment Technology, the Vietnam Space Technology Institute, and the Institute of Geography, and officials from the JICA office in Hanoi.
The Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology on May 25, 2010 received the delegation of the New Zealand Ministry of Science and Technology led by Dr. Alex Malahoff.
From May 29th to 31st, 2010, the Institute of Natural Products Chemistry held an international seminar entitled “Vietnam – Russian Federation cooperation on biological active products and marine biological diversification of Vietnam”. The seminar was presided over by Prof. Duong Ngoc Hai, vice chairman of the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology and Prof. V.A.Stonik.
- Conference to collect ideas on the research draft on the Central Highlands program III
- Workshop entitled: “Applying science and technology to the socio-economic development in the North Western mountainous provinces”
- Space scientific and technological program
- Science workshop entitled: “From Biodiversity to Biotechnology”
- The signing ceremony of the agreement on the establishment of the technical and scientific cooperation and development center between FEB RAS and VAST
- Institute of Marine Environment and Resources (IMER) celebrates the 50th anniversary of establishment and receives the third-class Independence Medal