On June 5, 2018, a delegation of the Czech Republic House of Representatives’ Committee for Science, Education, Culture, Youth and Sports led by Václav Klaus, Chairman of the Committee, paid a working visit to the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST). On behalf of VAST, Professor and Academic Chau Van Minh – VAST President, together with representatives from VAST agencies, the Graduate University of Science and Technology, Hanoi University of Science and Technology and Vietnam Museum of Nature, held a reception for the delegation.
On May 14, 2018, a delegation from the Lao Ministry of Science and Technology led by Professor and Academic Boviengkham Vongdara, President of the National Academy of Science of Laos and Minister of Science and Technology, paid a working visit to the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST). Professor and Academic Chau Van Minh, VAST President; VAST Vice Presidents and leaders of VAST units received the Lao delegation.
On April 18 – 23, 2018, a delegation from the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) led by Professor and Academic Chau Van Minh, VAST President, came to work with the National Center for Scientific Research of France (CNRS), the French Institute of Research and Development (IRD) and the Airbus Group.
On March 7th, 2018, Prof. Phan Ngoc Minh, vice president of Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST), received Guy Limouzin, Vice President in charge of Earth Observation Space Systems for France’s Airbus Defense and Space. The two sides exchanged information on VNREDSat-1 and space technology development strategy with VNREDSat-2.
On March 1st, 2018, the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) coordinated with Japan’s Ministry of Environment to organize a workshop on decentralized wastewater treatment.
On May 5, 2018, at the Vietnam Space Center (the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology) the Global Learning and Observation to Benefit the Environment (GLOBE) training workshop took place. Attending the workshop were Dr. Vu Anh Tuan - Deputy Director General of Vietnam Space Center, Dr. Tony P. Murphy - Director of GLOBE Implementation Office (GIO), and representatives of leaders and teachers from Hanoi – Amsterdam School for Gifted Students, the Experimental Secondary School and Nguyen Tat Thanh Secondary and High School, together with representatives of some other relevant agencies.
- Ceremony announces decisions on meeting standards and handing over the decision to appoint Professors, Associate professors in 2017
- Deputy PM Vu Duc Dam attends Dialogue with scientists to solve obstacles in implementation of scientific and technological projects and tasks
- Vietnam to launch Micro Dragon satellite by late 2018
- VAST receives French Embassy delegation
- VAST representative joins seminar of Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI) on STEM Education 2018
- Workshop on enhancing coordination in support of Sentinel Asia’s mapping, sharing and exchanging information in emergency cases