The Ministry of Information and Communication has just announced the results of evaluating and ranking the level of information and technology application of state agencies in 2019. According to the rankings, VAST ranked 2nd in the group of government agencies, up 2 ranks compared t0 2018.
Science and Technology News
The taxonomists from Northwest A&F University, China, Vietnam National Museum of Nature, Vietnam, The Kyushu University Museum, Japan are described one new genus (Versicolora) and two new species (Versicolora ziyongi and Versicolora bellula) of the cicada tribe Leptopsaltriini, subfamily Cicadinae, family Cicadidae, suborder Auchenorrhyncha, order Hemiptera. This new genus appears closely allied to Tanna Distant of Leptopsaltriini, but differs in having a bifurcated (apex of) uncus and a short but distinct dorsal beak of pygofer.
Intellectual property activities at VAST
On April 20, 2020, the Journal of Earth Sciences, the current official name is Vietnam Journal of Earth Sciences of the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology, has just been considered by Clarivate Analysis for the citation index (Emerging Source Citation Index – ESCI) to officially appear on Web of Science.
Three new plant species belonging to the Malvaceae and Rubiaceae have just been described and published by Vietnamese and Japanese scientists. Of which, one species of the Malvaceae was discovered in Dak Nong province and two others of the Rubiaceae were found in Gia Lai province. The three new species include:
On 26/06/2020, the seminar “Comments on the nomination dossier for Nui Chua – Ninh Thuan Biosphere Reverse” was held in Nui Chua National park, Thai An Village, Vinh Hai Commune, Ninh Hai District, Ninh Thuan province.
- Discovery of new strain of carp in Cyprinus Carpio species based on molecular genetic analysis data
- Application of artificial intelligence and high-performance computing to build software system supporting lung cancer diagnosis
- Institute of Biotechnology and HCMC Pasteur City Institute succeed in whole-genome sequencing and de novo assembly of SARS-CoV-2 virus on a new generation PacBio SEQUEL
- PhD. Tran Thi Hong Hanh (Institute of Marine Biochemistry) selected as one of Asia’s top 100 scientists in 2020
- Ten outstanding science and technology events in 2019