On January 31st and February 1st, 2018, the state council for professor title of Vietnam approved and voted on the candidates for the title Professor and Associate Professor 2017.
Science and Technology News
Karst is a special kind of environmental landscape, which can bring many benefits in terms of economics, science, education, entertainment and aesthetics. The karst environment plays an especially important role in the history of the Earth's development. With outstanding values, many karst areas in the world have been recognized by UNESCO as World Natural Heritage. However, this natural resource is vulnerable; especially vulnerable to human activities.
Being an attractive destination for domestic and foreign visitors, disseminating information to raise public awareness on protecting marine environmental resources and the nation’s territorial sovereignty is the focus of the Oceanographic Museum. Of which, dissemination on Hoang Sa (Paracel) and Truong Sa (Spratly) Islands’ sovereignty is included in exhibiting and interpreting activities at the museum.
On December 9th, 2017, a programme honouring “High Quality Trademark 2017” took place in Hanoi.
The event was held by Vietnam Standards and Quality Institute in coordination with the Vietnam Institute for Businessmen, the International Management Institute and the Creative and Intellectual Property Magazine. It was highly appreciated by consumers and the community of enterprises nationwide.
In June 2018, the technology and pilot operation of the Astronomical Observatory and Projection Screening House under the Vietnam Space Centre (the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology), located in Hoa Lac Hi-Tech Park, will be transferred and carried out. This is one of two observatories built in the framework of the Vietnam Space Centre project.
According to recent information from the Ministry of Science and Technology (https://www.most.gov.vn), Minister of Science and Technology Chu Ngoc Anh has approved three scientists nominated by the Award Council as winners of the Ta Quang Buu Award 2018, including one scientist from the University of Science and Technology of Hanoi under the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology.
- Scientific research on the conservation and effective use of two species of Berberis wallichiana DC and Mahonia bealei (Fortune) Pynaert which belong to the Berberidaceae Juss family in Vietnam
- Announcement of application marking new step in 3D animation technique using mathematical foundation in the No.1 Computer Graphics Journal
- Study on breeding production, preservation and development of Austriella corrugata in Quang Ninh province
- International conference “Nevanlinna theory and complex geometry in honor of Le Van Thiem's centenary”
- Workshop introduces Vietnam DataCube Satellite Data Sharing System